UPGRADES FOR RUSTON TURBINES – RUSTON TB SERIES (TB3000, TB4000, TB5000, TB5400) Ruston Gas Turbines
1.0 AIR INTAKE SYSTEMS
- 1.1 All stainless steel inlet screens for offshore and corrosive atmospheres
- 1.2 Retrofit water wash systems for cold crank water washing of the compressor.
- 1.3 Duplex thermocouples for temperature measurement.
2.0 AXIAL COMPRESSOR
- 2.1 Blade coating and repair.
- 2.2 Rotor balancing, stub shaft repair and rotor reblading.
- 2.3 Replacement and repair of Speed probes.
- 2.4 Thrust collar and thrust pad repair.
- 2.5 Repair and replacement of starter systems, both gas and electric.
3.0 CENTER CASING
- 3.1 Blow off valve replacement and repair.
- 3.2 Solenoid valve replacement or repair.
- 3.3 Installation of P2 air duplex thermocouple and pressure monitoring if not already fitted.
4.0 COMBUSTION CHAMBERS
- 4.1 Repair and refurbishment of flame tubes, extensions and swirlers including thermal barrier coatings for increased longevity.
5.0 COMPRESSOR TURBINE ROTOR & STATOR
- 5.1 Blade coating and repair.
- 5.2 Rotor and stator reblading and balancing.
- 5.3 Labyrinth seal replacement or repair.
- 6.1 Modifications necessary for using latest abradable 2nd stage stator seals
7.0 POWER TURBINE ROTOR AND STATOR
- 7.1 Blade Coating and repair.
- 7.2 Rotor repair, reblading and balancing.
- 7.3 Stator repair.
- 7.4 Carden shaft journal repair and balancing.
- 7.5 Replacement of asbestos lagging with removable non asbestos cladding for the exhaust diffuser.
- 7.6 Bearing Housing repairs.
- 7.7 Non asbestos wrap around exhaust joints for ease of replacement.
- 8.1 Replacement or repaired bearings where wall thickness is greater than 1/4 inch.
- 8.2 Replacement / repaired gears and or shafts.
- 8.3 Replacement or repaired speed probes.
- 8.4 Replacement or repaired Lube oil pumps.
- 8.5 Governor replacement or repair.
- 8.6 Replacement or repaired fuel valves
- 8.7 Proximity probes for PT speed pickups.
- 9.1 Replacement or alternative couplings.
- 9.2 Replacement flexible elements and fasteners.
- 10.1 Replace existing wiring with CLX where the relevant codes allow this.
- 10.2 Stainless steel Nema grade junction boxes are used appropriate to the area classification.
- 10.3 Replacement or repair service using locally supplied alternatives..
- 11.1 Replace all existing pipe work and couplings with stainless steel swagelock type fittings for gas lube oil and air systems if required.
- 11.2 Substitute flexible connections to ease component replacement problems.
13.0 FUEL SYSTEMS
- 13.1 We will repair and renovate gas fuel burners.
- 13.2 We will repair actuators and actuator electronics.
- 13.3 We will repair or replace gas fuel valves, solenoids and regulators.
- 13.4 Replacement or repair of liquid fuel valves and burners.
- 13.5 Replacement or repair of liquid fuel pumps and filters.
14.0 CONTROLS AND INSTRUMENTATION
- 14.1 Supply OEM or replacement instrumentation with an emphasis on possible locally supplied alternatives.
- 14.2 MK1 Systems
Refurbish and supply retrofit controls for all MK1 systems, including flame monitoring, annunciation and control logic cards, governor modules and chassis, temperature monitors and power supplies. Our new PSI 24VDC microprocessor based monitor allows us to monitor all 16 PT exit thermocouples